PGDM (Global Business)with focus on IBM Co-Certified E-Commerce
EMPI pioneered in India a programme that addressed the globalization of business as India integrated with the world economy and global trade
rose dramatically through the last 25 years. However, the process of globalization has witnessed along with the explosion of the Internet economy, the rise of e-commerce. India in the last few years has witnessed a surprising upsurge in e-commerce activities. These have come about because of a number of changes. Firstly, the success of local e-commerce companies have been based on Indian software capability to mix and match various technologies on the cheap. Secondly, the whole concept of electronic transactions being based on a legal structure designed for physical transactions with its attendant financial
and consumer issues. Thirdly, there is the larger concern of international equity being used to depress prices to expand market share and bring valuation and fourthly, the security aspect of secure transactions over the wireless internet and finally a huge dearth of Management and skills to effectively manage the dramatic scaling up that is happening in the sector.
Jointly along with IBM, EMPI is restructuring its global business programme to bring in elements of e-commerce so as to make prospective students ready for this exploding field.
Scope and Objectives:
The learning outcome at the end of the course is aimed at:
- The students will acquire sound knowledge on various international trade practices, international marketing strategies and various financial aspects of international business
- Preparing students with skill sets in E-Commerce to fit into the rapidly globally burgeoning sector
- Develop competence in globally applied business skills such as cross-cultural management, foreign languages etc.
- Demonstrate sound decision making and team work.
Programme Highlights :
- Certificate from IBM at the completion of the course
- The programme aims to highlight the understanding of various functional areas of Global Business Management such as logistics, e-commerce, international finance, trade etc.
- Programme is approved by AICTE and recognized by AIU
- IBM Social Business Lab Set up at EMPI’s Residential Campus
- An innovative curriculum developed and delivered jointly by IBM and EMPI faculty
- IBM designated experts and EMPI Faculty to jointly conduct classes at EMPI
- IBM experts will provide real world challenges for project experience and also mentor the students
- Latest software content, real-world industry experiences, hands on lab courses, best practices and case studies for the participants
A person can start his/her career as an executive. For the right person there are virtually no upper limits to the growth of his career. Job opportunities exist in a host of companies in the marketing/international marketing/logistics companies such as Cargil, Hitachi, Jindal Steel, Kanemetsu, Syno Steel, Liansu, Kuhene Nagel, Kintetsu, Safexpress, Carvel Logistics, Samsung, Makemytrip, Expedia, Zomato, Amazon
, Google, Yahoo, Flipkart, Jabong, Myntra where our students have already been successfully placed.