Where in New Delhi, is EMPI Business School Campus located?
EMPI Campus is located in South Delhi's Institutional cluster - CSKM Educational Complex. With its vast green sprawling spread and long history of seeding educational facility in 1984 (behind Chattarpur Hills), the CSKM Public School has become a reference landmark for the newcomer. Commuting and communication services to this huge EMPI-CSKM academic community – a mini-town, with 3000 plus habitants (students, faculty and staff) - are connected by a pucca 20 feet arterial road branching off from the main Chattarpur – Bhati-mines Road. EMPI-CSKM Campus is part of a fast growing suburb housing beautiful Farm Houses of South Delhi which prides itself of pollution free ambience. The area around has over the years become home to the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Added to these institutional setups area is the SAARC University, located adjacent to EMPI campus. Surrounded by Asola Wild Life Sanctuary on the one side and Chattarpur Temples on the other, this suburb of New Delhi is now adding many new Hotels / Motels in the vicinity. Transport-wise, other than the existing DTC Public Bus Services, EMPI Business School, being in close proximity of Chattapur Metro Station, is connected to Delhi and NCR regions by Metro Rail Services. Refer to Google Maps.
How come Delhi is considered as better destination for Management and Professional Education?
And in Delhi, why is EMPI Business School's location is much talked about as the ideal setting for good education?
Away from the noisy and crowded part of Delhi, yet in Delhi due to its closeness to best city services e.g. closeness to largest Temple Complex, the Church, the Mosque and the Gurdwara; the best shopping Malls and Multiplexes at Saket / Vasant Kunj and Gurgaon, the best Hospitals and Nursing Homes (and of course the AIIMS and Safdarjung Hospital), all in a driving distance of 25-40 minutes, indeed make the EMPI lush green garden setting, its serene pollution free environment ideal place for studies.
Are the facilities available adequate for self-contained community living in the campus?
Is hostel accommodation mandatory at EMPI?
No, Residential facility has been made optional for students of Delhi who join EMPI’s PGDM programme.
Domicile Policy for Delhi:
- Those who have passed the qualifying degree from any college / Institute located in Delhi.
- The candidate who has passed the qualifying degree through Distance / Open Education system of any recognized University / Institute and had his / her Study Centre in Delhi will be considered eligible as domicile of Delhi Region on providing proof of study centre being located in Delhi.
What will be the typical working day for a day boarder?
- Reporting time: 9:00 a.m.
- Classes start from: 9:15 a.m.
- Lunch: 1:00 p.m.
- Post Lunch Classes: 1:45 p.m. onwards
- Leave for home:6:00 p.m
What are the requirements for admission to PGDM courses?
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) courses is at least a 3-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities/AICTE as eligible for Post Graduate Studies. Candidates in the final year of a Bachelor's degree course or equivalent are also eligible to apply. However they are required to furnish the proof of Graduation before 30th November of the year of joining.
What is the Admission Procedure for PGDM courses?
All applicants should first pre-qualify through EMPI prescribed tests. As such all applicants taking the CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT / ATMA examination, achieving high percentile score are considered for selection for the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programmes. This attainment is considered as pre-qualification for stage - II selection procedure of EMPI. All candidates clearing the pre-qualifying test are also required to go through EMPI's comprehensive Personality Assessment and Profiling Exercise conducted at our Personality Assessment Centre - resulting in building up of a datasheet on each candidate's strengths / weaknesses. This is subsequently availed to support the student in developing his/her personality through Personality Assessment Centre, Enhancement and Upgradation Processes (PACE-UP) Programme.
What is the cost of Application form and how do I get it?
Prospectus and Application form priced at Rs. 1000/- are available at the EMPI Campus. Application can also be done online at Rs. 750/- using credit/debit card and net banking.
What is the cut-off in CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT / ATMA to apply for PGDM courses?
The cut-off is 50 percentile. However, we conduct a daylong Personality Profiling Exercise including Psychological Testing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for leveling various factors of selection standard. Based on performance in all these tests, Academic achievements and Work Experience, cut-off for admission is determined.
What are the specialisations available with PGDM programmes?
- PGDM(General Management- Marketing / Finance)
- PGDM (Advertising and Communication)
- PGDM (Global Business)
- PGDM (Human Resource)
- PGDM (Research and Business Analytics)
What are the unique characteristics of EMPI Business School?
Artificial Intelligence (AI)Infused Management Programmes, With Globally Recognized AI Skill & Knowledge Certification
- MNC Co-Created & Co-Delivered Curriculum
- Futuristic, Job - Oriented Management Programmes
- Live and Capstone Projects
- Learn directly from Industry experts
- Study & Practice in Industry Simultaneously
- Go Abroad Program (Internship / Semester Exchange / Summer & Cultural Exchange)
- Continuous industry visits, field study, live industry projects and corporate connects
- Vibrant 24x7 Residentiality in Executive Development House with Internet, Culture Centre and Movie Club.
- Executive Fitness Programme (Premium-gym, Tennis, Yoga, T.T., Bdmn. etc.).
- Personality Assessment Centre, Enhancement and Upgradation Processes (PACE UP) Programme.
- Integrated group development with foreign students, researchers and academics
- GFP (General Fitness for Profession).
- Strict implementation of anti-ragging & sexual harassment laws.
- Academic Fusion -- America - Fordham, New York, Harvard IT Group, Boston, Wharton School (Globe Project) European Union - Finland, France, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom South East Asia - Malaysia, Singapore, China, Japan, Korea.
What are the unique characteristics of EMPI Business School? What are the facilities offered by the institute?
- State of the art Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Knowledge and Learning Resource Centre: EMPI library
- Huge Amphitheatre
- EMPI hostel –The Executive Development Academy (EDA)
- Executive Dinning Hall (EDH)
- Sports facilities
- Medical facilities
- Transport facilities
- 24*7 electricity & water supply
- Hot water supply in winter
What are the infrastructural facilities of EMPI Business School?
- Pollution free vast green campus.
- Multimedia Computer Centre with Wi-Fi connection.
- Wide inductive learning horizons in the Capital City.
- Regular Linkage to the city / Metro Station.
What would you call as different in your pedagogy?
EMPI is emerging as a research and case driven residential B-School. Attempt is to synergize what is best in India with the best of the world on an on-going basis through inter-twining and networking. Emphasis on ‘learning by doing' enables lot more Project activity and close Industry-interaction. Use of internet in globally linked research is yet another unique feature attempted by our students.
How is teaching faculty?
The Institute has a balanced strength of faculty resources having rich experience in academia & the industry. The Faculty at the Institute functions to bring about a right mix of theory, application along with proportionate practice which caters to the ongoing industry needs.
What are the placement activities?
Regular placements service under senior faculty for industrial contact has been set up at EMPI. Students drive the activities of the placement office. Necessary pro-active steps are taken to facilitate a variety of interactions with industry and business enterprises around the year, to make them aware of the unique features of the EMPI programme. We have an excellent record of placing our students for summer and final placements in various organizations. We are able to place 100% of our students.
What are the security arrangements in campus?
Security has become a major concern in the prevailing scenario where the entire world is reeling under the grip of terrorism. Taking serious note of the situation, EMPI Management has taken adequate measures to address this concern. Being away from the crowded part of Delhi, the location of EMPI campus in itself is an advantage. The properly fenced boundary wall with a 24 hour Security Gate easily ensures checking of every individual / goods coming in or going out. Streamlining of gate-pass system for visitors is also a very effective measure and is strictly implemented in the campus.
How is the discipline / out of campus movements of the students regulated?
What are the transport facilities available for students?
Is EMPI B-School connected with Delhi's metro services?
Yes. EMPI B-School being in close proximity of Chattarpur Metro Station, a 20/30-minutes ride either way now connects EMPIans with Gurgaon (the Mega City) and Delhi’s Metro hub with NCR around.
Commuting, particularly for those wanting to spend the week-end with their parents, local guardians or like to travel around in NCR (including NOIDA) and other parts of Delhi and NCR has now become very convenient. EMPIans staying in Campus for Summer Training / Internship who were looking forward to this service are really happy. And so are the Faculty and Staff members. Interestingly many more Delhiites want to join EMPI. Indeed, Metro Rail connection has opened a whole new set of options for one and all.
What are the documents to be submitted along with the application form?
- Photocopies each of 10th, 12th class and Graduation Certificates / Testimonials and certificates of other qualifications including that of work experience, if any.
- Four passport size colour photograph.
- Photocopy of your CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT / ATMA scorecard
What are the Mess and Canteen services available at EMPI campus?
What are the facilities available for entertainment?
EMPI enhances not only the academic abilities but also provides a perfect ambiance for the holistic development of students. Obviously, Sports and Entertainment form an important part of the life at campus. The campus has in-built facilities for Lawn-Tennis, Table Tennis, Badminton, Volleyball, Football etc. with well experienced trainers to guide the students. A well-equipped Premium gym is also available. Sports and games are organized regularly and competitions are held from time to time.
Adequate facilities for entertainment of students are available. The boys and girls' wings of the EDA have separate common rooms with Cable TV and indoor sports. At EMPI, students hailing from all parts of the country stay together and share their cultural values to multiplying effects. The spacious EMPI Amphitheatre, where the EMPIans gather and showcase their multi-pronged talent in the fields as varied as Dancing, Singing, Skit etc., is a unique setting for such occasions.